In honor of May being American Cheese Month, (Did you know that’s a thing? Because apparently it’s a thing.) we asked you to send us some of the best, cheesiest, funniest, dorkiest, and cleverest pickup lines you have to offer. You guys definitely did not disappoint!
Conversation is the basis of connection in a relationship, and every conversation has to start somewhere. Hopefully, features in Mutual like Comments help you get the conversation started on a mutual connection the two of you share.
(Learn more about comments here!)
But sometimes you might not know how best to get the conversation started, or how to move the conversation from in-app to to real life. Don’t stress! It doesn’t have to be complicated.
If you’re not sure where to start or need a little extra help, try using one of these pickup lines – if you’re okay being a little cheesy, that is. 🧀
Asking someone for their number:
- When I text you goodnight later, what phone number should I use?
- I seem to have lost my phone number. Can I have yours?
- Roses are red, violets are violet, can I have your number so I can dial it?
- I think there’s something wrong with my phone. Could you try calling it to see if it works?
- I was blinded by your beauty… I’m going to need your name and number for insurance purposes.
Asking someone on a date:
- On a scale of 1 to America, how free are you tonight?
- If I were to ask you out on a date, would your answer be the same as the answer to this question?
- I’m learning about important dates in history. Want to be one of them?
- Are you my Appendix? Because I have a funny feeling in my stomach that makes me feel like I should take you out.
- Do you like raisins? What about dates?
Churchy pick up lines:
- I was reading in the Book of Numbers last night and realized that I don’t have yours.
- Want to see a picture of my favorite temple? *Sends them a screenshot of their profile picture*
- Are you the iron rod? Because I want to hold onto you for the rest of eternity.
- The tree of life called, it wants its sweetness back.
- Are you a Gadianton Robber? Because you just stole my heart!
- Are you Laban’s sword? Because you’re exceedingly fine.
- Not even the veil could make me forget you.
- I just got off my mission and I’m looking for my next companion.
- Can you bring your feelings for me to the church Wednesday night at 7? Because I’m pretty sure it’s mutual.
- I think it might be time for us to move out of the singles ward… if you know what I mean.
- Are you religious? Because you’re the answer to all my prayers.
Smooth pick up lines:
- B1. Oh, sorry, I thought this was a vending machine because you’re a snack.
- If you let me borrow a kiss, I promise I’ll give it right back.
- Do you know what my shirt is made of? Girlfriend/boyfriend material.
- I’d like to take you to the movies, but they don’t let you bring in your own snacks.
- You know what you would look really good in? My arms.
- I believe in following my dreams. Can I have your Instagram?
- I’d say, “God bless you” but it looks like he already did.
- Were we just talking? No? Well, can we start?
- I don’t have a library card but can I check you out?
- I was wondering if you’re an artist because you’re so good at drawing me in.
Cute pick up lines:
- I’ve always thought happiness started with an “H”. Why does mine start with “U”?
- If you were a vegetable, you’d be a “cute-cumber”
- If you were a fruit, you’d be a “fine-apple”
- Let me tie your shoes because I don’t want you falling for anyone else.
- If you were a triangle, you’d be acute one!
- Even in zero gravity, I would still fall for you.
- Are you a banana? Because I find you a-peeling.
- Are you Google? Because you’re exactly what I’ve been searching for.
- Is your name Chapstick? Because you’re da balm.
- Are there 21 letters in the alphabet? No? Oh, my bad! I forgot URAQT.
Funny pick up lines:
- My parents have a son that’s interested in you.
- I ought to complain to Spotify for you not being named this week’s hottest single
- My love for you is like diarrhea – I just can’t hold it in.
- Know what’s on the menu for tonight? Me ‘n’ u!
- Listen, don’t freak out if a fat man kidnaps you in the middle of the night and puts you into a big bag. I told Santa that I wanted you for Christmas this year.
- You’re so cute that you made me forget my pickup line.
- Is this the Hogwarts Express? Because it feels like you and I are headed somewhere magical.
- Do you like Nintendo? Because Wii would look good together.
- Did you just come out of an oven? Because you’re hot!
- If I had a nickel every time I saw someone as good-looking as you, I’d only have five cents.
- Are you wi-fi? Because I totally feel a connection.
- Are you a campfire? Because you’re hot and I want s’more.
- Your eyes are like IKEA, I could get lost in them.
- Are you a bank loan? Because you’ve certainly got my interest.
I’m the one for you:
- On a scale of 1-10 you’re a 9 and I’m the one you need.
- I’m not currently an organ donor, but I’d be happy to give you my heart.
- I think you’re suffering from a lack of vitamin me.
- I’m good at algebra. I can replace your X and you wouldn’t need to figure out Y.
- My name is _____, but you can call me tonight.
- See my friend over there? They want to know if you think I’m cute.
- Well, here I am. What were your other two wishes?
- Do you have a pencil? I want to erase your past and write our future.
You’re the one for me:
- Are you a time traveler? Because I definitely see you in my future.
- I’m not a photographer, but I can definitely picture us together.
- We’re not socks, but I think we’d make a great pair.
- Are you a magician? Because whenever I look at you, everyone else disappears!
- Are you a camera? Because every time I look at you, I smile.
- Are you a keyboard? Because you’re just my type.
- Do you know what the little mermaid and I have in common? We both want to be part of your world.
- I could never play hide and seek with you because someone like you is impossible to find.
- Are you my phone charger? Because without you, I’d die.
- You must be tired because you’ve been running through my mind all day.
- There’s only one thing I want to change about you and that’s your last name.
- I’m really glad I just bought life insurance because when I saw you, my heart stopped.
In-person pick up lines:
- Do you believe in love at first sight or should I try walking by again?
- Your hand looks heavy. Can I hold it for you?
- Kiss me if I’m wrong but dinosaurs still exist, right?
- Do you mind if we take a picture together? I just want to show my mom what my next boyfriend/girlfriend looks like.
- You must be made of cheese because you’re looking Gouda tonight!
- You must be a great thief because you stole my heart from across the room!
- Anyone who says Disneyland is the happiest place on earth has clearly never stood next to you!
More cheesy pick up lines:
- Are you a parking ticket? ‘Cause you’ve got “fine” written all over you.
- If you were a taser, you’d be set to “stun”
- Are you good at boxing? Because you look like a knockout.
- Are you from Tennessee? Because you’re the only ten I see!
- Is Summer over? Because I’m about to “fall” for you!
- I’m not a hoarder but I really want to keep you forever.
- Do you have a sunburn or are you always this hot?
- Are you a fruit? Because honeydew you know how fine you look right now?
- If you were words on a page, you’d be FINE print.
- Do you know CPR? Because you are taking my breath away!
- Do you have a bandaid? Because I just scraped my knee falling for you.
- Was that an earthquake or did you just rock my world?
- Is there an airport nearby or is that just my heart taking off?
- You must be a broom because you’ve swept me off my feet.
- Did your license get suspended for driving all these guys/girls crazy?
- Life without you is like a broken pencil – pointless.
- Something’s wrong with my eyes because I can’t take them off you.
- Did the sun come out or did you just smile at me?
Have a good pickup line that never fails? Share it in the comments below!
Our team of love experts at Mutual works hard to make sure you have the most helpful dating advice out there. Whether you're still searching for your person or working to move your relationship from the chat bubble to in-person, we've got your back every step of the way.
You must like your cheese like my body: shredded
As a guy, my doctor told me that I shouldn’t wear cologne anymore because the ladies already have a hard time breathing around me